Newest Oil Plant Strike Shows 'Zero Safe Locations in Russia's Far Hinterland'

Ukraine's UAVs have targeted the Russian oil facility in the city of Ufa, located approximately 1,400 kilometres from the Ukrainian border, resulting in detonations and a fire, according to a informed individual in the Ukrainian intelligence agency.

This represents the third intelligence far-reaching assault in the region in the recent weeks. These operations demonstrate that there are no secure zones in the far hinterland of the Russian Federation.

Ukrainian President Calls On US President to Facilitate Ceasefire in Ukraine

Volodymyr Zelenskyy appealed to Donald Trump to facilitate a truce in the Ukrainian conflict during a telephone conversation on the weekend.

"When a war can be stopped in a particular zone, then certainly further hostilities can be ended as well, including the Russian aggression," the President said, hailing Trump's "exceptional" Gaza ceasefire plan and calling for the American leader to influence the Kremlin into discussions.

Moscow's Strikes Kill Victims in the Country

Strikes by Russia on Ukraine killed at least several civilians on the weekend and disrupted electricity to sections of Ukraine's south Odesa region, as stated by Ukrainian officials.

Two people were killed in a religious building in the town when it was hit, per regional officials.

In Russia's border region of the Belgorod region, a lorry operator was killed by a Ukrainian strike, according to municipal sources.

Power Restoration Efforts in the Capital

Work carried on on the weekend to repair energy infrastructure in the Ukrainian capital, after strikes by Moscow.

Energy had been recovered to more than 800,000 citizens by Saturday and the biggest power firm stated the key work to recover electricity was finished though some outages remained.

Anti-Aircraft Efforts and UAV Downings

Ukraine's defense forces neutralized fifty-four of 78 Russian drones launched towards the country overnight, the military reported on the weekend.

Russia's military authorities claimed it intercepted forty-two drones over Russian territory.

Cuban Government Denies Accusations of Deploying Troops to Ukraine

Havana on Saturday denied US assertions it has provided soldiers to fight in the hostilities, while declaring the government "lack exact information about individuals" participating "independently" or "in the military forces of either party".

The ministry in Havana said 26 Cuban citizens had been convicted to jail sentences varying between five to 14 years for mercenary activity since the autumn of 2023 when news emerged of individuals being dispatched to the front in the conflict.

I Want to Live Initiative Reveals Details on Cuban Involvement

The surrender initiative, a state project that urges adversaries to surrender, said in May: "We reliably know the identities and information of one thousand and twenty-eight individuals who signed contracts with the Russian military in the past two years."

The government in Havana commented of those who might be engaged: "Undeniably that not a single one has the backing, commitment, or consent of the government in Havana for their actions."

Relatives of individuals who traveled to the Russian Federation in the year told news outlets at the time that their relatives had been misled into enlisting through promotions on digital networks.

Cody Martin
Cody Martin

A passionate gamer and tech writer with over a decade of experience covering indie and AAA titles across multiple platforms.